Information on the processing of personal data
By this letter, Battistoni S.p.a. (“Battistoni” or the “Seller”), with its registered office in Rome, Italy, in via Condotti 61/A, tax code no. 00017750589 e VAT no. 00871931002 (hereinafter “Battistoni”), provides users of the website www.battistoni.com with the following information about the collection, use, communication and processing of their personal data.
Battistoni S.p.A., (tax code no. 00017750589 and VAT no. 00871931002) with its registered office in Rome, Italy, in via Condotti no 61/A.
Emmedata S.r.l., (tax code and VAT no. 00912080439) with its registered office in Civitanova Marche, in Via L. Einaudi No. 108
Categories of Personal Data
Battistoni processes personal data provided freely by the user or collected from third parties such as, but not limited to:
- personal data (e.g. name, surname, address, date and place of birth, nationality, tax code, gender, email address, personal details, password) voluntarily provided by the user by completing the “Add to Cart” registration form);
- personal data provided by the user or otherwise lawfully acquired by filling out the mandatory form to make online purchases of the products offered on the Website as well as interaction with users for activities functional and instrumental to the sale, as well as for any necessary pre and after-sales assistance;
- personal data provided or otherwise lawfully acquired during interaction with the user of the Website or during subsequent contact by the user with the Customer Service by email, to respond to the user’s requests and to offer the services, assistance and information requested regarding the products. It should be noted, with reference to points 2 and 3 as well, that registration and access via social media profiles involve the communication of certain data (including name, surname, email and any other data relating to the user and present on the social media) by the selected social media company and therefore require the acquisition of an explicit permit to be issued before the log-in, which will allow actions to be taken with the user’s account. In some cases, social media requires certain feedback and information about the use of the log-in. For more information, please see the relevant privacy documentation on social media.
- your personal data for marketing purposes, i.e. to send you (through traditional and telematic tools such as newsletters, emails, text messages, mms and smart messages) information and updates on products, sales, promotional campaigns, events and other initiatives promoted by Battistoni, as well as messages aimed at the conclusion of uncompleted purchases (reminder on viewed products and abandoned shopping basket).
Purposes of processing and optional or mandatory nature of their provision
The personal data of the user, collected on the occasions described in point 5, are processed in order to carry out profiling activities (by automated technology systems, managed with security procedures to guarantee the confidentiality of the data) consisting in the identification of preferences, tastes, habits, needs and consumption choices, aimed at defining the profile of the data subject in order to improve the products or services offered and meet the needs of the data subject, as well as to make, with regard to specific consent, personalised promotional, advertising or commercial communications by the persons indicated above and by the means indicated above. The provision of data for this purpose is optional and the processing requires the consent of the data subject. In the event of refusal, there will be no consequences for any requests and relations between the data subject and Battistoni.
Depending on the case and, where necessary, the mandatory or optional nature of the communication of data will be indicated from time to time, placing an appropriate character (*) on mandatory information or only the data necessary for the provision of the services and for the purchase of the products on the Website. Failure to indicate optional personal data will not result in any disadvantage.
The confidentiality and integrity of data provided during online compilation is protected through the use of security protocols and systems.
Source of personal data
The personal data collected by Battistoni are provided directly by the user (through registration to the Website or as part of the sales process), except for the browse data referred to in point 1 above and for data collected in the event of registration and access via social profile, as indicated in point 4 above.
- for the purposes indicated in point 5, the express consent of the user
- for the purposes indicated in points 2, 3 and 4, the execution of an online purchase agreement between the user and Battistoni and the express consent of the user.
Where processing is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of Battistoni or third parties, it may be carried out provided that the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail.
Methods of data processing
However, due to the nature of the means of online transmission, these measures cannot limit or exclude in absolute any risk of unauthorised access or data dispersion. To this end, it is recommended to periodically verify that the computer is equipped with adequate software devices to protect the transmission of data on the network, both incoming and outgoing (such as updated antivirus systems) and that the Internet service provider has taken appropriate measures for the security of the transmission of data on the network (such as firewalls and anti-spam filters).
Every purchase is made in the highest security, thanks to the use of the most advanced technology and coding systems (SSL).
The Data Controller acknowledges that it has adopted appropriate procedures and measures related to automated processing to guarantee and protect the data subject, which may exercise its rights by means of written communication to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected for sale purposes are stored for a period not exceeding 10 years, in accordance with tax and civil law.
Personal data provided for marketing and profiling purposes are kept for the period necessary for specific processing, including on the basis of the particular sector of activity (luxury products – 7 years) and in view of the interest shown by the customer in receiving updates on products and events.
On expiry of the retention periods indicated above or in the event that the Data Controller has failed and cannot continue processing, the data will be deleted.
The data will be processed by:
- employees and contractors of the Data Controller designated as persons authorised to process the data;
- third parties established in the European Union and also outside the European Union used by the Data Controller for the performance of the services offered on the Site.
The complete list of recipients can be found by writing to the following address: email@example.com.
Transfer of data outside the European Union
Your personal data will be transferred outside the country or the European Union, to countries that do not guarantee an adequate level of data protection solely in accordance with the guarantees provided for by applicable data protection laws.
A complete list of data recipients established outside the European Union, or a copy of the guarantees adopted by the Data Controller, can be obtained by writing an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are always entitled to obtain access to your personal data from Battistoni, confirmation of the existence or otherwise of such data, even if not yet recorded, and their communication in an intelligible form. You also have the right to obtain information about the origin of your personal data; the purpose and method of processing; the logic applied in the case of processing carried out with the aid of electronic tools; the identification details of the data controller and the data processors; the indication of the persons or categories of persons to whom personal data may be communicated or who may become aware of it in the capacity, for example, of managers or data processors.
In addition, you will have the right to receive personal data concerning you, which you have previously provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another data controller without hindrance from the latter.
You also have the right to request the updating, rectification or, where relevant, the integration of personal data, the restriction of processing concerning you, the deletion, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of personal data, processed in violation of the law, including those whose retention is not necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed; a declaration that the above operations have been brought to the attention, including with regard to their content, of those to whom the data has been communicated, except in the event that this fulfilment proves impossible or involves the use of means manifestly disproportionate compared to the protected right. You also have the right to data portability, to be forgotten, to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority and to withdraw your previous consent.
However, you have the right to object in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning you, even if pertinent to the purpose of collection, to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of direct sale, sending advertising or direct marketing material or for carrying out market research or commercial communication. The right to object may also be exercised specifically with regard to one or more methods of sending marketing communications whether automated (e-mail, other distance communication systems such as, by way of example but not limited to: sms, mms, whatsapp) and traditional (paper mail).
If you prefer to have your personal data processed only by using traditional contact methods, you can object to the processing of your personal data by automated contact methods.
In order to exercise the above rights and/or to forward requests or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data and/or withdraw your consent, you may send a request to the Data Controller by writing to this email address: email@example.com or to the postal and contact addresses indicated on the title page of this policy statement.
You may also lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
Finally, we recommend that you read the methods of access and use of the Website, indicated as Conditions of Use, which contain important indications on the security systems adopted by the Website.